viernes, 3 de julio de 2009

Three Months Strength Training

Well, it's been three months now. April, May, June.

I admit I have been lazy. In May I lost lots of time due to my first injury. Eating cooked food also made me feel tired and lazy, so I did not train much. In June I went back to training more seriously. It helped that I went back to almost raw. I had a lot more energy.

I didn't succeed in going 100% raw. I hereby publicly admit my sugar addiction. At the moment my diet is 100% vegan and raw except for milk chocolate.

Even though I trained more seriously in June, it still wasn't that seriously. I found strength training to be a lot like playing WoW: at the beginning it's exciting, then you level up, the mobs get stronger... but actually, it's always the same. How boring.

I will continue to train despite of this motivation crisis. As a scanner it's normal for me to lose interest once I understand how something works. I still have the image of strong me in my head. I can see her. She's turning her back to me and looking over her left shoulder with a tender and slightly ironic spark in her eyes. It's as if she were waiting for me. I can also feel this sensation of having a strong and hard body, as if I already had it. It's awesome. So, I know exactly what I want. This is enough to keep pushing me forward. Maybe I'll just need to make my training less boring in some way.

My sleep is still monophasic, long (about nine hours), and late (I go to sleep in the early morning).

Here are my current weights (June 30th):

Deadlift: 42kg | on April 1st: 28kg -> progress: +50%
Clean & Jerk: 22kg | start in May: 10kg -> progress: +120%
Behind the Neck Press: 18kg | on April 1st: 10kg -> progress: +80%
Military Press: 20kg | on April 1st: 10kg -> progress: +100%
Biceps: 10kg | on April 1st: 6kg -> progress: +66%
Triceps: 6kg | on April 1st: 4kg -> progress: +50%

When I feel disappointed about the small numbers, I just look at my progress in % instead, and feel consoled. ;-)

I still swing and clean my kettlebell as well. Maybe it's time to learn some new exercise.

I was planning on posting a picture of me wearing the same clothes and in the same position as last time to show off the brand new muscles... but unfortunately there are none. At least no visible ones. Maybe next time. :-)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario