lunes, 3 de noviembre de 2008

Get Creative in November!

Hi all,

Looks like November is the month of creativity. I'm a bit late with this, but I thought I'd let you know. If you'd like to do something creative this month, here are a few nice opportunities. It's not too late to join!

Join NaNoWriMo

November is the National Novel Writing Month. It should be called InNoWriMo, International Novel Writing Month, though. Every year in November, thousands of people all around the world write a novel.

Everybody can do it, the goal is not to write high-quality prose, it's just to frantically write down whatever pops into your mind as fast as possible, without editing, without trying to be good. You can edit it in December!

If you succeed in producing a 50,000 words first draft by November 30th, midnight, you win.

Of course I signed up :-) I have no clue what I'm going to write about, but I'm sure it's going to be awesome.

If you're interested, have a look at the NaNoWriMo homepage.

Join NaBloPoMo

Similarly, you can go for a 30 days blogging challenge: one blog post a day till November 30th, together with many others. See the NaBloPoMo homepage.

Join AEDM

AEDM is the Art Every Day Month, and it's November, too. If you're neither a writer nor a blogger, but would like to get more creative and to share your creations with others, have a look at the AEDM site.

I really like the idea. It's about all kinds of creative activities, be it painting or music or cooking or crafting christmas tree decorations with toilet paper. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Are you blocked?

In case you

think you can't be creative
have some creative dreams that you don't realize for some reason
just want to get more creative in your daily life
or want to improve your ability to solve problems creatively

I highly recommend The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron. It's an amazing book I'm working through at the moment.

The Artist's Way is a twelve weeks course in discovering or recovering your creativity. It's for blocked artists as well as for all those who just want to be creative. I'll post a review when I'm done with the journey.

So... It's November! Be happy, get creative! :-)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario