domingo, 18 de enero de 2009

Thirty Years in this World!

Today's my birthday. I was born exactly thirty years ago, at my mother's home, with only an elderly family doctor as medical assistance. My mother says he spent the night nervously drinking coffee. It was his first birth in a long time.

I was born on a door. "Uncle Denis" - that's how we kids used to call the doctor - had decided that my mother's bed wasn't hard enough. Without further ado he unhinged a door and placed it on the bed for my mother to lay on.

My mother says that as soon as I was there, I looked around with a fierce frown and made my dissatisfaction clear by grunting vigorously. Then I grabbed with both my hands the scissors Uncle Denis wanted to cut the umbilical cord with. My character doesn't seem to have changed much since my birth. ;-)

I'm very, very happy to be thirty! Honestly, I didn't think I would be that happy. Thirty is 2*3*5. Of course it's the product of the first three prime numbers, so that's not bad. But not as cool as 29, which is a prime number on its own! However, I must be decimal system biased, because those three full decades impress me. I'm very happy and excited that I survived for thirty years.

When I was born I was almost blind, I could just see light and dark. I got my first glasses at the age of 18 months. For twelve years the doctors trained my eyes. Now I can see enough to get along well in life, even without glasses. I see only with one eye and have no 3D vision, and sometimes I bump into something I didn't think was that close,  but heck! who cares. I feel so damn thankful.

When I was seventeen I had an accident, I collided with a car and fell on my neck. At the hospital they said it would have broken had I not been very flexible. I didn't like the idea that my last thought would have been "Shit!". A few years later I was diagnosed with a beginning cervix cancer, that fortunately was operated out before it could become a real cancer. In my early twenties I went through severe depressions and almost killed myself several times.

When I look back, my life in those thirty years has been full of struggle. So in some way I feel lucky that I made it to my 30th birthday. I'm damn proud of myself, too.

Plus, I've always had the belief that "Real life will begin when I'm thirty." I don't know why but I've always thought that. And now that I'm thirty, I feel SO happy. So excited! It's like now the truly exciting and joyous part of my life can begin! Yippee!! :-)

Fasten your seat belts, we're switching to warp drive!

12 comentarios:

  1. Happy Birthday!

    Cheers
    Eduardo

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Happy Birthday!
    Have fun :-)
    Raj

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Happy birthday !

    Welcome to real life then ;)

    ResponderEliminar
  4. VÍkþórr Veggiss Berurjóðr19 de enero de 2009, 16:10

    I'm proud of you, too!

    Happy birthday!

    - Víkþórr

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Happy Birthday Rose!

    Wow, if the recent years are any indicator, then the next decade will be *crazy*. Hang on, buckle up, and take off. :)

    Sending lots of love to you as always, Eric.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Happy Birthday, Rose.

    I'm 32 and I have to say that, so far, my thirties have been "becoming what I already am".

    I love your attitude.

    Take care.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Happy Birthday Rose
    I love you!

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Happy Birthday....little big girl...de.youtube.com/watch?v=VGHbzP96WWA

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Thank you so much all of you for the lovely comments and kind words! I'm touched.

    Muchas gracias Eduardo! :-)

    Merci Raj! Hey Raj, I'm glad you like Vivaldi. I wrote a post about him too, isn't he a genius? :-) I love him!

    Merci beaucoup Alban. I promise I won't forget about my goalz. ;-)

    Takk Víkþórr. :-) Talk to you soon.

    Eric, I very much hope the next decade will be totally crazy! I bet you will take off too. Let's fly around! Sending you lots of love as always too. :-)

    Thank you Ned. Becoming what you already are sounds good, and you're obviously succeeding at it. So I'll walk in your footsteps and call it "expressing what I truly am". Much Love to you.

    Thanks Dana, I love you too. :o Thanks for being here, my beloved inspiring role model!

    The stupid: Danke Dir... This song makes me feel so sad and melancholic.

    Love and Harmony to all of you. <3

    Rose.

    ResponderEliminar
  10. My dear Rose,

    Here's wishing you a belated happy birthday! I think you are a wonderful, wonderful person and I wish you all possible happiness!

    Lots of love
    Van

    ResponderEliminar
  11. Happy Birthday! I wish you the best life one could possibly have!
    30 is just damn cool! Starting with a 3 is incredibly hot. :)

    ResponderEliminar
  12. Thanks Alice! You know, at the moment I feel that my life already is the best one could possibly have... but thanks for wishing it to me all the same! I wish you the same of course. I'm sure yours can get even better than that. ;-)

    Thank you Van. I wish you Happiness and Harmony as well. I'm wonderful because I'm mirroring you, and you know that. :-) Much Love to you,

    Rose.

    ResponderEliminar