lunes, 21 de septiembre de 2009

Say "You love me"!

Something interesting happened tonight, while I was chatting with Víkþóri on Pidgin. Víkþórr is this charming young man waiting for me in Norway whom I mentioned a few posts ago. (This is no typo, btw: "Víkþóri" is the dative form of his name, and "Víkþórr" the nominative.)

So tonight we were chatting. I was talking about soap, when suddenly he wrote:

(11:17:21 PM) Víkþórr Veggiss Berurjóðr: You love me. :) :·x

Logically, I thought he was interpreting my story about my soap that doesn't wash well as a proof of my love for him. I didn't quite get that.

(11:17:30 PM) Rósíngr: ?
(11:17:39 PM) Rósíngr: Sure I do!
(11:17:43 PM) Víkþórr Veggiss Berurjóðr: :)
(11:17:45 PM) Rósíngr: But why are you saying that now?
(11:17:53 PM) Víkþórr Veggiss Berurjóðr: Because. :)
(11:17:55 PM) Víkþórr Veggiss Berurjóðr: :·x
(11:18:03 PM) Víkþórr Veggiss Berurjóðr: Tell me I love you.
(11:18:28 PM) Rósíngr: :D
(11:18:32 PM) Rósíngr: You love me. :)
(11:18:42 PM) Víkþórr Veggiss Berurjóðr: Yes I do. :)
(11:18:46 PM) Víkþórr Veggiss Berurjóðr: Very much.
(11:18:56 PM) Rósíngr: :D
(11:19:05 PM) Rósíngr: You're so wonderfully confusing at times. :)

(That's true!)

(11:19:17 PM) Víkþórr Veggiss Berurjóðr: :D Cool.
(11:19:23 PM) Rósíngr: You know what?
(11:19:27 PM) Víkþórr Veggiss Berurjóðr: No.
(11:19:28 PM) Rósíngr: This felt great!
(11:19:32 PM) Víkþórr Veggiss Berurjóðr: What?
(11:19:39 PM) Rósíngr: I love it when you tell me that I love you. :)
(11:19:43 PM) Víkþórr Veggiss Berurjóðr: Oh. :)
(11:19:50 PM) Víkþórr Veggiss Berurjóðr: You love me. <3
(11:19:59 PM) Rósíngr: Oh yes! Very much so.
(11:20:02 PM) Víkþórr Veggiss Berurjóðr: I like it too. :)
(11:20:07 PM) Rósíngr: You love me. :)
(11:20:13 PM) Víkþórr Veggiss Berurjóðr: Oh, yes! :D
(11:20:34 PM) Rósíngr: It feels so great to hear that. :) I don't know why, but it feels just wonderful.
(11:20:49 PM) Víkþórr Veggiss Berurjóðr: :) I agree.

It really feels great! Wow. "I love you" is such an anemic sentence. "You love me" on the other hand, that's a vibrant, alive, powerful, confident, exciting statement! It made me immediately fall in love with him on top of already being in love with him.


After half an hour of sweet talk about love, languages and our relationship...


(11:54:52 PM) Víkþórr Veggiss Berurjóðr: You love me so much. :)
(11:55:21 PM) Rósíngr: Oh yes. :) And you love me so much too!
(11:55:27 PM) Víkþórr Veggiss Berurjóðr: Yes. :D
(11:55:37 PM) Víkþórr Veggiss Berurjóðr: You want to fuck me. ;)
(11:55:53 PM) Rósíngr: Do you allow me to quote this on my blog? XD

(He said yes, or else you wouldn't be reading it)

I thought I just had to share this idea with you! It's SO brilliant to turn "I love you" around. "You love me" sounds totally exciting and warm. Not to speak of "You want to fuck me"...! If he didn't live 2500km away from me I'd have made wild passionate love to him right away.


Next time you feel like saying "I love you" to someone, don't. Say "You love me" instead. And see what happens! :-)


(Btw, he got the idea here.)

13 comentarios:

  1. Absolutely, Nicci. :) <3 And you love me too. :D

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Yes! And you're crazy about me! ;)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. You love me too Rose. :D

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I do, Eric. :) I am honored that you love me in return. :)

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Rósíngr! I felt a incredible thing! Its that you love me! :D

    (by the way, I just dont know if "Rósíngr" is the right spelling, but who knows... ;)

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Eduardo, wow, now really you must be psychic! How on earth could you know?! :D

    Yes, I love you. :)

    My intuition is telling me that you love me too. :D

    Rósíngr is my Old Norse name. It's declinable: Rósíngr (nom.), Rósing (acc.), Rósingi (dat.), Rósings (gen.). Actually I don't know which case is correct here in O.N., but I guess the nominative is.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. I wonder if someone tried saying "You love me" outside of here. Care to share your experience? :)

    ResponderEliminar
  8. ;-) you love me all times ???

    ResponderEliminar
  9. You love me!

    And so does Thor. His hammer smashes down upon my problems. Swats really. They aren't big enough to warrant a smash.

    I'll put in a good word with him if you want, because I love you. Ha!

    ResponderEliminar
  10. @Chris: Sure I do! I have no clue who you are, but that's no hindrance. I have a special fondness for people I don't know. ;)

    @Fraser: I don't think I have problems worthy of Mj?llnir! But thank you, I appreciate. :) I love you too, ha! :D

    ResponderEliminar
  11. this is so funny to stumble across. my boyfriend and i always say this! he just texted it to me today!

    ResponderEliminar