martes, 30 de marzo de 2010

811rv: Day 0/365 - The Challenge!

I have decided to stick to 811rv for 365 days in a row and to blog about it.

811rv is a 100% raw, vegan, low-fat diet. "rv" stands for "raw vegan" and 811 stands for 80/10/10, which means getting at least 80% of our calories from carbs, at most 10% from protein, and at most 10% from fat.

My numerous dietary experiments in the last few years have clearly showed me that a 100% raw, vegan diet is by far the best way to go for me. As for low-fat, despite several attempts in the past I haven't been able to really try it out for more than a couple weeks so far, so I don't know if it is right for me or not - but my intuition keeps and keeps bringing me back to 80/10/10 again and again. I have decided to give it a serious shot this time.

I'll blog about it, daily at first, later probably less frequently. When I quit smoking, writing a daily public diary really helped me, so I'll do that here as well. Not for the accountability - I hate the word "accountability", I refuse to be accountable to anyone but myself - simply because when I write about it publicly, it pushes me to be the very best I can be to inspire others.

I expect this to be extremely difficult. Be prepared to seeing me cry, get angry as hell and freak out. ;)

2 comentarios:

  1. Wow, that sounds hard! I wish you luck for that. For me it is (soon was, as my challenge is soon over) already hard to live without chocolate for 40 days. :). I'm interested about this diet and would want to hear more about that.
    Looking forward to your future posts about this.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hey Rose,

    Just to let you know you are perfect and loved, a beautiful child of God, whether you succeed or not :)

    Good luck :D

    ResponderEliminar