viernes, 16 de octubre de 2009

Will you Write a Novel next Month?

November is National Novel Writing Month! Who will join me and write a novel? :-)

The goal is to write one 50,000-word novel between November 1st and November 30th, midnight, no matter how crappy it is. I think this is fun! And it's less than 2,000 words a day. Should be doable.

Have you ever dreamed of writing a novel and never done it? Join me!

Do you love writing but think you don't do it good enough yet to write a novel? Join me!

Do you have no clue what you could write about but love the idea? Join me!!!

You can do it. :-) This is a wonderful opportunity to let go of expectations and just do it.

If you want to connect with me on the NaNoWriMo site, my login there is Schweinerei. This is German and means "mess", "rascality" or "swinishness". I like that word, it's so cute. :-)

I have no clue what I will write about. It will probably be a crime novel, with a very wicked murderer and a very smart detective. Or just a few of the fantasies I have in my head. Except for the sexual ones maybe. Or should I add them too?

I also haven't decided which language I'm going to write in. Víkþórr and I had the idea of writing a multilingual novel together, mixing all kinds of languages. For example,
And when Óláfr saw what ???? had done, he said: «Þú skalt deyja, því at þú hefir stolit vínbér frá mér!». ???? answered: ????????????.
I think that's a very cool idea, even though nobody else would understand it of course. However, my intuition is telling me to write alone this time. I haven't made up my mind about the language yet.

This language mixing thing certainly is interesting! We do that often. I feel like writing a blog post about it. (Edit: I did! It is here.)

So - will you write a novel next month? :-)

4 comentarios:

  1. It depends on a lot of things, but I really want to and I will if things go to plan! *hugs Rose* :D

    I have such great ideas! Recently it's been hard for me not to start writing! I want to get them out of my head! A crazy spiritual comedy which NO ONE will see coming!! :D

    ResponderEliminar
  2. @Andrew: *hugs back!!* I hope it'll all work out and that you'll do it!! :D Looking forward to reading your comedy. And remember what I told you: I will never forgive you if you don't make fun of me! :þ

    @Bradshaw: I was thinking especially of you when writing this blog post. ;-)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I´ve been thinking about participating as well... It will be the month I will be moving to Mexico, so no idea if I have the time. But if I can do it in those circumstances, I can do it even better when normal life returns.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hey Sandra, that would be cool. :) I can see how under these circumstances it could be difficult. Good luck! (Let me know if you do it!)

    ResponderEliminar