viernes, 2 de abril de 2010

811rv: Day 1 - I jumped! :-)

So that's it, I jumped off the cliff!

Day 1 was perfectly successful, I ate nothing but raw fruit and veggies, which is probably closer to 90/5/5 than to 80/10/10.

I was grieving quite a lot. It felt like saying goodbye to something very important. Maybe the old me, maybe my previous relationship with food, I don't know. I felt very sad about my loss.

Another reason I was sad and grieving is that my computer died in the morning. RIP protein. :'( That's why I am writing this report one day late, on my mom's computer. I'm spending the weekend with my family. When I go back home after the weekend, the first thing I'll do is to buy a laptop. If anybody has any advice regarding laptop brands - Linux compatibility, it is welcome. ;)

At some point yesterday I was shopping for food and almost bought some bread. I had actually already decided that I would eat some bread. I was thinking "I'll write on my blog that I ate some bread and that I am giving up this stupid challenge! I don't care!". But for some reason, I just grabbed a bunch of bananas and checked out. Then I found myself on the street with my bananas, wondering what had happened.

This reminds me of when I quit smoking. It happened several times that my mind would decide to smoke again, but for some reason my body just wouldn't obey.

When I quit smoking, after jumping off the cliff I realized that I could fly. I'm curious to see how well I'll fly this time. :-)

Love to all. <3

1 comentario: